Friday, June 8, 2012

Shopping spree (?)

So yes, as much as I love baking, I also love shopping :D.. well, who does not?  This makes me remember the film 'Confession of a shopaholic' lol.. which my friend (Aneez) lent me, saying that I got similarities to the character played by the actress in the movie hehe.. Quite true, but to a lesser extent.

I accompanied my father to the capital of my island (Mauritius), Port Louis, this Wednesday, for some work.  As soon as we ended, I could not resist going to one of my favourite boutique where I usually buy my scarfs and hijaabs accessories.

I ended buying 4 beautiful scarfs, 4 underscarfs, which dad helped me to choose and also a headband:).

Underscarfs help in keeping the scarf in place, usually worn under the scarf as the name describe it.

As for the headband, it is to accessorize my hijaabs :). 

I also featured a black scarf I bought a day before at another boutique.  I usually tie this scarf in a turban inspired style with the neck covered.  I will put pictures of this hijaab style later on ;).  So, watch out :D!

I normally go for soft scarves, medium to large sizes.  I make sure that it will cater for good coverage and choose those that I can style easily.  Thus, I avoid slippery ones.

I love prints, rich colours, cute designs, with or without tassles and also crinkled and not crinkled as well. 

You might be wondering how I chose which hijaab to wear among my mountain of hijaabs:p
So, basically, if am wearing a colourful hijaab, I choose monochrome clothing.  I then complete my outfit with matching accessories, usually bold ones, a handbag and a cute pair of shoes:D.

If my hijaab is a simple one, I go for bold coloured clothing.  

I love the way scarfs dress up an outfit at a fairly inexpensive price.


Shopping always makes me happy:D.


Let me show you what I bought on that day ^^.

Hold your breathe ;)..

                                 Preview of the 4 scarfs, black scarf, underscarfs and  headband.



First one: Pink, Black and White cheeta prints

Second one: Circles prints

Third one: Heart prints

Forth one: Vintage prints



Black scarf bought a day before at Rose Hill, Mauritius

Overview of the black scarf


The 4 underscarfs- Beige, Brown, Black, Green
Underscarfs- Green with silvery design



The Headband :)

Top view of the headband
 Yours 'scarf'ully( ^^),

Amaryllis ;)





2 comments:

Aneez said...

Hehe yaaa the scarfs are reaal nice :D.. Shopaholic yeah exactlyy you :p.. Keep it up with the shopping and if something makes you happy then you should carry on :p..Reallyy loved the first para :::::: <3

keep Rocking ;-)

Amaryllis said...

We should go on a shopping spree:)

Thanks Aneez:))))